People are motivated by different things when it comes to picking a career. Often, one often factors in what they are passionate about or gifted in, and pursues a related career. Other times one is motivated by the pay and prospects of earning more. When it comes to teaching, the dynamics are still the same; people opt to train as teachers for different reasons. Some of the top reasons include;
- Teachers are always in demand; teaching is one of those professions where you can’t go for long unemployed. New schools are being opened daily, children and older adults are continually pursuing studies; you will always be in demand as a teacher.
- Teaching is a fulfilling profession; secondly, teaching is a deeply satisfying and fulfilling profession. It feels nice seeing students sit and listen to you as you impart knowledge to them. Few professions are as deeply satisfying.
- It’s easy becoming a teacher; in this day and age where we have companies like SCCD teacher training courses that have really made the process of training to become a teacher so easy, you have no excuse. You can train conveniently, affordably, and end up becoming a great and reputable teacher.
- You can do it part-time; nowadays, we have many teachers who teach part time, and do other jobs when not teaching. Some teach on given days of the week, or for some hours on any given day; this leaves them with much free time to do other constructive things.
- Teachers earn well; on average, teachers earn between £22,241 and £38,241. This is good news for graduates who are looking for regular income to get them started in the journey of life! See more on https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/funding-and-salary/teacher-salaries
You can seldom go wrong with a career in teaching; it’s a noble profession, always in demand, and is deeply satisfying.